Lead Support Specialist
Quanta are currently working with a leading offshore wind farm developer who require a Lead Specialist Support to develop, document and enforce technical best practices across the cable department for various offshore wind farm projects in the UK.
- To develop, document and enforce technical best practices across the department by creating and maintaining processes, technical requirements and technical notes
- To perform and/or oversee thermal, electrical and mechanical calculations in accordance with latest standards
- To ensure technical governance and quality across portfolio by capturing/analysing NCRs and creating/implementing Lessons Learnt across projects
- To ensure that all interfaces towards other departments are being managed in accordance with technical best practice
- To support the procurement team to evaluate the technical compliance of the various cable suppliers in terms of testing, design, accessories, and termination work.
- Support the development of technical levers for optimizing costs and time schedules on Asset Projects
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Extensive (3+ years) experience working for a cable supplier (or a TSO) with specific competences in subsea cable systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of submarine cables’ standards is essential - including, but not limited to, CIGRE Technical Brochures, IEC, ICEA, AEIC
- Candidates are required to have strong background on both technical and commercial aspects related to array cables