Senior Contracts & Procurement Advisor
Paragon GE are looking for a Senior Contracts & Procurement Advisor to work in London for an Independent E&P company. The ideal candidate will need to be able to speak, read and write French fluently.
Position Title: Senior Contracts & Procurement Advisor
Reports to: Contract & Procurement Manager
Residential or Rotational: Residential
Staff or Contractor: Contractor
Expected day rate: To be discussed
Location: London, UK
The Senior Contracts & Procurement Advisor is responsible for providing an effective procurement and contract management function to the London based projects.
This role is to manage all contracts as required to protect both the company’s reputation and financial interests and identify and manage risks that may arise through the operation of the contract. This role is also to find quality goods or services at an acceptable price that meet project needs on a timely manner.
- Maintain an up to date contract register for London based projects and a plan of procurement activity
- Lead and support tendering processes and contract negotiations
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers and prepare summary papers recommending the way forward
- Undertake market research activities regarding suppliers / business requirements to source the best suppliers and solutions
- Raise Purchase Requisitions in SAP and work through the approval process to ensure the Purchase Orders are released to the vendors timely
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers while seeking/developing new ones
- Manage the delivery logistics and work with site team to ensure that the procured materials are delivered on site as per project schedule requirements
- Processes any purchase orders including, review of purchase orders and requisitions order placement and verification of prices and delivery
- Actively manages buyer messages generated by the purchasing information system on a daily basis; checks and pursues resolution daily as defined
- The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised Engineering degree. 10+ years experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable A minimum of 5 years in Oil and Gas
- Ability to speak, read and write French fluently is necessary.