Junior Technical Animator
Junior Technical Animator An exciting opportunity exists in our Westhill Drawing Office for a recently graduated or soon to graduate Junior Technical Animator with an interest in subsea engineering and a passion for forward-thinking technical content production. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team, both assisting in the production of larger scale projects as well as working on their own tasks as set by the Lead Technical Animator. The overriding goal is to generate models and animated sequences that will be used to promote TechnipFMC products and services internally amongst Project Teams as well as externally to clients and beyond. Key Activities: A focus will be placed on producing models in 3ds Max for use in deck layouts, subsea field arrangements and animated sequences. This is a key task and the candidate will be expected to learn and progress their modelling skills during their employment, with some development indicators used to help provide goals for advancement. Activities will include:
- Producing models, in both high and low poly methods - depending on application
- Creating textures/materials
- Keyframe animation
- Lighting and rendering
- Compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Building audio tracks
- A HND/Degree in an animation or multimedia related subject with identifiable training modules in 3ds Max or equivalent.
- Ideally the candidate will have direct experience with Autodesk 3ds Max as well as other Autodesk products, though skills with alternative 3d packages will be considered transferrable.
- Candidates should be capable of producing animated sequences including the modelling, texturing, lighting and camera work through to rendering a finished video, however training and development across all these elements will be provided.
- Proficiency with current Adobe products will also be expected, with a focus on Photoshop and After Effects.
- The candidate should have an eye for detail and an enthusiasm to learn about the subject matter in which they model and animate
- It is essential that the candidate is both interested in the technology and processes involved with subsea engineering but is also willing to learn new techniques and to develop skills that can illustrate our products and services in progressive and engaging ways.
- Problem solving skills and the ability think creatively when developing methods for tackling modelling and animation challenges is crucial as is a conscientious and helpful manner.