IS&T Communications Specialist
Requisition ID: 215882
Information Technology Staff II
Routinely performs assignments of a varied nature requiring a full working knowledge of information technology in areas including network/telecommunications, information security, information technology engineering, customer support or infrastructure operations. Plans and controls own work, selecting and utilizing appropriate methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards effectively, to meet all targets set. Exercises professional judgment within a framework of guidelines provided by superiors. Performs a range of work activities in a wide variety of contexts, some of them complex and non-routine.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and administrative supervision from a designated Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Team Lead.
- Works under general direction within a clearly defined accountability framework.
- None. May provide technical direction and training to discipline subordinates or others who assist in information technology activities.
- May provide advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues and undertake elements of leadership within assigned discipline.
- Makes frequent contact with Bechtel and/or project end users and customers to resolve problems and issues relating to information technology.
- May contact other personnel in IS&T, other Bechtel functions and/or projects, and selected users to gather or provide information on specialized information technology related activities.
- May liaise with vendors and equipment providers.
- Contacts discipline staff specialists as needed for specialized information technology activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Installs, tests and supports wide-area and/or local-area network and telecommunications components such as data/voice switches, routers, and/or voice/video equipment.
- Develops network/telecommunications operating procedures and guidelines as they relate to data/voice switches, routers, and/or voice/video equipment.
- Assists in developing standard network/telecommunication device configurations, address schema development, monitoring tool configuration and deployment.
- Processes vendor and customer billing for network/telecommunications services that may be provided by the team or work group.
8. When performing duties as information security intermediate:
- Assists with implementation of policies, procedures and standards, identifying specific information security technologies and processes to achieve strategic plans and goals.
- Assists with the testing, implementation and maintenance of information security systems that protect key information assets.
- Assists with computer emergency response team efforts as directed by management, including investigating information security related incidents such as viruses, inappropriate use, distributed denial of service, and vulnerability assessments.
- Assists with identifying key threats and risks to information and other assets and provides management with pertinent information to assess and apply adequate protection as necessary.
9. When performing duties as information technology engineering intermediate:
- Assists with planning, integration, implementation, delivery and documentation of computing infrastructure services.
- Assists with assessment and compatibility testing of new technologies, version updates and emergency patches.
- Assists with operation of infrastructure lab facilities.
10. When performing duties as customer support intermediate:
- Provides Bechtel Standard Application/ desk side support to internal customers and responds to escalated, complex and high impact user calls in a timely fashion. Ensures adherence to escalation procedures.
- Ensures all data entries of customers' contact, utilizes the corporate knowledgebase for the resolution of subsequent faults and issues and undertakes site visits to resolve persistent or high impact issues.
- Ensures that requests for assistance are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Maintains sub-budget and reports up-to-date and accurate inventory information on the organization's IT assets based upon established procedures.
11. When performing duties as infrastructure operations intermediate:
- Installs, tests and supports data center components such as servers and storage systems.
- Analyzes interaction of server operating system, applications and network components to troubleshoot problems.
- Develops and maintains scripts and tools to perform repetitive operational tasks and reports on operational metrics.
- Migrates data and user accounts as required.
- Provides input to and creates new data center work processes and standards.
- Assures that all work processes are properly tracked through the standard ticketing system.
- Comprehensive knowledge of infrastructure systems architecture concepts, configurations and standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate, industry and professional standards.
- Basic knowledge of preparation, coordination and execution of project proposals and Information Technology (IT) plans.
- Basic knowledge of project management concepts and tools.
- Ability to handle customer interactions in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
- Ability to write complex reports in a clear and concise manner.
- The above may be acquired through:
- Recognized degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, or
- Specialized courses in network/telecommunications, information security, information technology, customer support and/or infrastructure operations, and
- Practical work experience in information technology.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Concentrator, Chile. With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.