Our client, a major company within the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Shift Trainer to work within their facilities in Gregory, TX on an open-ended assignment.
- The Shift Trainer - Production reports to the Training Supervisor and is responsible for training and assessing the Production team at the LNG terminal.
- The incumbent provides targeted training in specialist area and base training in all areas of the LNG plant.
- The Shift Trainer - Production shall understand all facets of LNG processing (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids) including safety, security, maintenance, operations, marine, storage and transportation, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards.
- The Shift Trainer shall exhibit a broad knowledge of plant operations and maintenance procedures and equipment.
- The Shift Trainer shall provide specialized training in either: Inside Battery Limits (ISBL), Outside Battery Limits (OSBL) or Distributed Control Systems (DCS) through the use of an Operator Training Simulator (OTS).
- Delivers training and assessment to the Production team based on shift
- Coaches and supports Production employees learning on-the-job
- Works closely with the Production and Training team to identify training gaps and then supports the closing of these gaps
- Works closely with other Shift Trainers and ensures all Production team have adequate Shift Trainer support
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the development and maintenance of training materials and Management of Change (MOC) training matters
- Assists in development and continuous improvement of training materials to plant personnel on a variety of subjects including operations, maintenance, technical, marine, safety, environmental and security
- Uses company systems to monitor and track progress of learners
- Ensures records of training and assessment are maintained
- Participates in periodic evaluations of training program effectiveness
- Assists plant personnel in their professional development by ensuring training requirements are met
- Education and Certifications: Minimum 2-year Technical Diploma or equivalent technical education and work experience
- Experience: Minimum seven (7) years' experience in Commissioning, Startup, and Operations in Oil, Gas and Chemical facilities, of which at least four (4) must be in an LNG Liquefaction Facility, and at least two (2) as a Panel Operator