Night Drilling Supervisor
Paragon GE are looking for a Night Drilling Supervisor to work in Kurdistan on a 30/28 rotation for an international E&P company. Must have previous experience of working in Kurdistan and drilling wells with HPHT and H2S.
Position Title: Night Drilling Supervisor
Reports to: Drilling Superintendent
Residential or Rotational: Rotational- 30/28 rota
Staff or Contract: Contract
Expected package: USD 1200 per day + business class flights
Location: Kurdistan, Iraq.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the execution of all operational programmes and takes complete responsibility on assigned rig covering - drilling, workover, well completion, and related activities.
- Conducts detailed observation and inspection of activities on site and translates into operational activities on receiving detailed programmes from Supervisor.
- Reviews programmes in light of work progress, proposes and implements minor amendments to approved programmes in light of unforeseen operations requirements.
- Supervises and controls the activities of personnel involved in the provision of technical services /operations.
- Investigates required supplies, orders materials /equipment from stores.
- Controls and ensures the economics consumption and safe utilization of supplied materials and equipment.
- Ensures safe return of equipment and surplus materials to stores upon completion of related operations.
- Prepares the daily progress report including the daily rig operating cost and supply/acid boats activities at rig site.
- Handles all emergencies encountered during normal operations of rig moves as per Company established policy.
- Implements and maintains HSE programme.
- Reports and investigates incidents/accidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures that safety equipment and systems are maintained in efficient operating conditions.
- Carries out planned inspection and self-auditing to ensure all equipment are properly maintained
- Performs other related duties as assigned by DSI
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
- 12 years’ experience in drilling operations.
- Good knowledge of English language.