Design Engineer (Temporary)
Design Engineer Dunfermline We are currently looking for a Design Engineer in our Subsea department, reporting to the Engineering Group Leader, on a temporary 9 month basis. In this role you will be responsible for processing engineering information under the control of TFMC's electronic data management system working to current industry codes, contract specifications, Dunfermline Operating Procedures and FMC Global Work Instructions. Main tasks
- Generate conceptual designs or customise existing designs for proposals or projects from customer or internally generated specifications and prepare design layouts.
- Verify designs where necessary using classical analysis techniques (bending, buckling, shear, bearing, and pressure vessel). Assistance will be enlisted where more complex analysis is required but basic analysis skills to influence design would be an advantage.
- Present designs to engineering staff during internal design reviews.
- Prepare part report's and review detailed drawings. Selecting raw materials, coatings, and quality requirements as necessary.
- Make necessary engineering changes to product drawings and part reports.
- Participate in investigation and disposition of non-conformances.
- Generate equipment assembly, test, FAT, qualification, handling, storage, rework, maintenance and commissioning procedures as required.
- Provide necessary support to the various internal departments- manufacturing, planning, QA, commercial, purchasing, assembly etc. throughout the product design and delivery.
- Field service as required for training and offshore support.
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment.
- Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (C Eng. status is preferred)
- Reasonable experience as a design engineer (or equivalent) in a product design environment
- Knowledge of subsea products utilizing gate valve (GV) and or ball valve (BV) technology is preferred.
- Engineering design aptitude
- Good ability to communicate verbally and written
- Ability to coach more junior members of the engineering department such as Graduate Engineers and Designers
- Ability to work as part of a team