Senior Process Safety Engineer
ConocoPhillips is the world's largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
This position is responsible for providing technical advice and guidance on process safety matters to the Business Unit facilities and projects. The role is responsible for tracking the Business Unit PS performance and providing feedback to the BU management.
- Manage the process safety team deliverables, provide functional support and guidance to the team & its development
- Ensure Team goals align with IOSC objectives
- Ensures appropriate systems are in place and functioning correctly to manage changes and operational deviations
- Ensures Process Safety risks are assessed in a consistent and technically robust manner.
- Communicates Process Safety risks and performance to key stakeholders
- Monitors and reports on the BU's progress on the 5-year Process Safety plan
- Maintains Process Safety KPIs
- Performs or reviews risk assessments
- Manages MOC, TOD and PHA programmes
- Facilitate unit and project PHA workshops
- Close out of IMPACT action items and review/approval of others close-out
- Provides Process Safety support to incident investigations, facility audits
- Provide Process Safety support to projects
- Act as Technical Authority for appropriate Process Safety systems as required
- Review Process Safety deliverables prepared by others
- Carries out or supervises technical analysis
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in process/chemical engineering or related engineering
- A minimum of 10-15 years' professional experience - at least 10 years in
- dedicated technical or process safety role.
- Experience in design and/or operation of process facilities.
- Experience in developing or implementing aspects of Process Safety Management
- systems, including MOC, PHA
- Experience in carrying out operational support and risk assessments.
- Experience in facilitating safety workshops e.g. HAZOP, LOPA, HAZID, SIL
- Experience in carrying out technical safety assessments e.g. fire and explosion
- analysis, dispersion modelling, QRA, escape evacuation and rescue analysis,
- fault/event tree analysis, occupied building analysis etc.
- Experience of providing technical leadership for team management
- Post-graduate degree in technical or process safety area discipline
- Chartered engineer or Professional Process Safety Engineer registration
- Experience of auditing process safety systems
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 25, 2019.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.