Senior Commercial Analyst
Paragon GE are looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to join our client, a leading international E&P company in the UAE. The position will be staff and residential in the UAE with frequent visits to Baghdad and Basra. The ideal candidate will come from a Finance or Economics background, working in the Oil and Gas industry. Preferred candidates must be of Iraqi origin and have extensive experience dealing with the Iraqi government at a high level.
Position Title: Senior Commercial Analyst
Reports to: Executive Director, E&P
Contract Type: Staff
Expected Package: To be discussed
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
- To support the Commercial Manager in providing commercial direction, support and advice to E&P in creating, optimising and protecting value through the provision of commercial advice, negotiation and delivery of robust commercial solutions / arrangements and formal agreements.
- Provide sound and timely strategic, commercial, economic guidance and advice in support of E&P objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general commercial support for activities associated with Iraq assets incl. negotiation of new commercial agreements and provide expert advice to those administering agreements.
- Assist with the Iraq venture set-up and implementation.
- Provide general commercial support for other activities in the Upstream environment including bid rounds, farm-out/in activities etc.
- Interface with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Potential Petroleum Committee Representation with external stakeholders.
- Assist Commercial Manager with analysis of economic modelling and other tasks as and when required.
- Performs other duties, completes additional tasks and supports ad hoc projects as required.
- Conducts research and provides recommendations in relation to the identification of new business opportunities consistent with the growth plans of the Company.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms.
- Takes part in fairs, meetings and events organized by the E&P Industry, to understand the trends and evolution of the upstream business.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Executive Director of Exploration & Production.
- Enhances relationships with counterparts in other oil and gas companies in order to keep pace with technical and market exploration developments.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Development of Position
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Commercial, Legal and related Industrial subjects.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor degree ideally in Economics or other mathematically rigorous disciplines from a top tier University.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
7-10 years of experience within the Global oil and gas sector/advisory services