Power Station Manager
Job Title: Power Station Manager
Salary: Competitive depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
Reporting directly into the Director of Thermal Operations, you will be responsible for shaping the business at Peterhead Power Station, playing a pivotal role within the wider Thermal business which will include aspects of a Pan Thermal role with potential to include Pan generation responsibility.
You’ll have overall accountability for the operations, maintenance and engineering activities of the power plant, whilst motivating and leading multi-disciplined teams on site.
Key accountabilities will include;
- Motivate and lead large multi-disciplined teams (circa 100 personnel)
- Managing the power station to achieve an incident and injury free working environment
- Lead, develop and deliver key business goals and targets and drive improvements to the business plan
- Ensure overall operational effectiveness and best practice performance in relation to availability, efficiency and reliability.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive technical and operational innovations to achieve improvements in plant performance
- Delivering innovation through Membership of the Thermal Generation Operations Management team thereby engaged in shaping further development of the directorate
- You’ll play an active role in chairing and contributing to Pan Thermal management groups and working groups.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, we require you to have experience working in a comparable level role within a similar relevant industry. You will pride yourself in being a SHE ambassador and a strong people leader, with a proven track record of motivating and managing large multi-disciplined teams.
As a seasoned business manager, you will have experience of managing a P&L and budgets, lead from the front and be constantly looking for ways to develop and drive continuous improvement around business plans.
More importantly, you’ll be resilient, adaptable and have the ability to demonstrate excellence and best practice within a high profile leadership role.
Peterhead Power Station is a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine plant will an installed capacity of 1180Mw and is situated on the North-East coast of Scotland with annual turner over of circa £300 million (2018)
Thermal is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all thermal power plants in GB and ROI including gas and oil-fired generation (CHP), coal-fired generation and gas-fired generation.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 22/01/2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.