Commercial Internship Placement 2019 - Infrastructure
No. of Openings: 1
Position Closing Date:
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- As part of the Contracts Department; you will be responsible for assisting with the gathering and compilation of data essential to the administration of (sub)contracts.
- Involvement with the formation of (sub)contracts and subsequent administration.
- Reviewing and monitoring of subcontractor submittals.
- May also conduct investigative research into specific contractual issues and provide assistance in claims preparation
- Interfacing with management and client personnel while working closely with other functions.
- On course for a 2.1 degree in Quantity Surveying (RICS accredited), commercial or construction law.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English with Strong PC literacy (especially in MS Excel and Word)
- Work experience that demonstrates an interest in this subject area of the construction industry and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting notes: || graduate ||