Legal Counsel, Corporate Governance
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client, a major vertically integrated Oil & Gas company, is adding to their Corporate Legal team in Calgary, Alberta. This is a one-year contract position with long-term potential and an excellent compensation package.
- Provide project management and project engineering expertise for various pipeline maintenance activities such as: integrity digs, installation of in-line inspection launchers and receivers, remedial geotechnical projects, and pipe replacements.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual meeting information circular, Annual Information Form and other continuous disclosure documents
- Staying abreast of recent developments and trends in corporate governance and assessing their impact
- Maintaining necessary/voluntary corporate governance disclosure on the external website
- Preparing compliance updates on anti-bribery/anti-corruption efforts, Executive Risk & Compliance Committee activity and other matters
- Reviewing and maintaining Board and Board Committee Mandates and Position Descriptions for Board and Committee Chairs
- Reviewing proxy advisory firm reports and liaising with proxy advisory firms in connection therewith
- Providing oversight of compliance programs and policies and coordinating annual reviews of various internal policies
- Reviewing and providing advice regarding the Carbon Disclosure Project questionnaires and ESG Report
- Managing, with external counsel, the reported potential lobbying and government funding activities
- Providing transactional and corporate secretarial support to members of the Legal group
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Juris Doctor (JD)
- Member of the Alberta Bar
- 4 years of experience (will consider 2-4 for junior/intermediate or 4-7 for intermediate/senior)
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry would be an asset