HSSE & SP Lead
Paragon GE are looking to speak with experienced HSSE & SP Leads about a contract position with our client, a leading Oil and Gas company in the UAE. The position will be residential in Abu Dhabi and will be for a 1 year contract with scope to extend.
Position Title: HSSE & SP Lead
Residential or Rotational: Residential, Office based
Staff or Temp: Contractor, 1 year contract with high possibility of extension
Expected package: $12-15k USD per month, all inclusive.
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Project HSSE Lead will develop, implement and monitor the EPCM Contract HSSE Management Plan for this Contract. However, first line responsibility for HSSE on site lies with the individuals’ themselves and their supervisors’.
- The HSSE Lead is also responsible for the development of the Approvals roadmap for the Implementation phase.
- Ensures proper HSE tactics through systems, policies, standards, and tools are developed and in place and functioning throughout all Project phases. Fully implement the HSSE & SD control framework in all Projects in a fit for purpose way.
- Leads a team of HSE Inspectors in managing safe execution of projects.
- Ensures proper HSE tactics through systems, policies, standards, and tools are developed and in place and functioning throughout all Project phases.
- Fully implement the HSSE & SD control framework in all Projects in a fit for purpose way.
- Act as an HSE leadership coach, providing guidance to line leaders (PE’s and CE’s in area’s and regions of responsibility) in order to improve their HSE leadership behaviours.
- Develop a consistent HSE culture throughout all Projects.
- Develop consistent high quality HSE practices at all Projects worksites across project.
- Building long-lasting and constructive internal relationships.
- Deliver HSE and tactics that improve Projects performance for Projects in.
- Ensure alignment for HSE systems, processes and tools with Projects Hub HSE System
- Develop HSE processes and tools which are critical to improving the HSE performance of the business.
- Engage with contractors to positively influence HSE standards that continuously improve the contractor HSE performance.
- Leverages best practice and implements learning from incidents throughout all Projects.
- Prioritize limited Contractor HSE resources to a large & dispersed contractor base so that the greatest performance improvements can be made.
- Promote effective communication and working relationships in HSE matters between the various HSE groups and Projects leadership.
- Build HSE competencies and capability within the EPCM Contractor team through the HSE support staff/contractors.
- Provide leadership to achieve Goal Zero by working through and with others, Shell and contractors, utilizing the HSSE& SP Management System and HSE Team.
- Daily functional supervision driving continuous improvement toward top quartile group and “Goal Zero” HSE performance.
- Supervise, coach and mentor direct reports and contractors, delivering results through the team.
- Staff development and planning.
- Support consistent implementation of systems, processes and programs to meet regulatory and Shell requirements within the framework of a standardized Projects HSSE&SP-MS, and interpretation of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage changing HSE support requirements in the business growth plan.
- Participate and facilitate in select higher significance incident investigations.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or equivalent
Experience and Skill set
- Minimum 15 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum 10 years experience in Oil and Gas related project delivery with background in HSE, Construction, also in SIMOPS
- Supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract HSSE Lead
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Courage to intervene and challenge status quo;
- Strong writing and computing skills;
- Fluent English language skills
- Previous experience in developing and implementing HSE Managements Systems
- Previous experience in implementation of effective business processes to manage a (safety) culture change.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated who can recruit and create a team and develop them.
- Provides clear and decisive direction to team with many competing priorities and activities.
- Build trusted adviser relationships with appropriate Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Strong consulting skills
- Strong HSE competence in Project HSE deliverables and processes.
- Able to proactively identify and address HSE risks and issues.
- Fully Conversant with Hazards and Effects Management Process