Senior Cost Engineer
Paragon GE are looking to speak with experienced Senior Cost Engineers about a contract position with our client, a leading Oil and Gas company in the UAE. The position will be residential in Abu Dhabi and will be for a 1-year contract with scope to extend.
Position Title: Senior Cost Engineer
Residential or Rotational: Residential, Office based
Staff or Temp: Contractor, 1-year contract with high possibility of extension
Expected package: $11.5-14.5K USD per month, all inclusive.
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Cost Engineer is reporting to the Project Services Lead.
Specific responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for Contract portfolio overall Cost engineering queries
- Full understanding of the commercial aspect of the project contract and the application to the cost management
- Understand contract specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these,
- Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to the cost management of allocated project(s)
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are followed,
- Set Up project/projects within Cost System to agreed format,
- Establishing project control budgets based on the client approved Project Control Estimate,
- Assisting Project Management in identifying and gaining approval of Change Requests,
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a weekly basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input,
- Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner. Highlighting areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement,
- Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders,
- Review project man-hours and the allocation of man-hours in conjunction with Planning on a regular basis
- Liaising with the Project Management, Finance and Contracts and Procurement departments with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received, and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with the contract,
- Maintain rates within Computerised Cost System ensuring they are up to date and all rate uplifts are implemented. Advise Project Management of additional costs involved and assist in obtaining additional approval from client,
- Check that all estimates meet contract requirements and all relevant cost information is fed back to the estimates,
- When Project specific Cost Procedures are in place ensure they have been implemented in full,
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant corporate cost software,
- Ensure that adequate control of commitment is in place,
- Supervise and encourage junior and assistant personnel, including checking their work,
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required,
- Ensure that the Corporate and Project Specific Change Control procedures are being adhered to.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University in preferably Engineering/Business Management Studies
Experience and Skill set
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Industry in Cost Engineering roles. 4 years must be in Lead roles managing a team of cost engineers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas related project delivery related projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Senior Cost Engineer
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment with good understanding of cost estimation parameters to be considered in Middle East.
- Skill to actively engage with different project disciplines
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment