HSE Manager (Omani National)
Paragon GE are looking to speak with experienced Omani HES Managers about a staff position with our client, a leading E&P company in Oman.
Position Title: HES Manager (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Residential, Office based
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Muscat Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The HES Manager is responsible for directing the implementation of the HES Management System at various sites within the organisation. This requires excellent leadership and management skills with operational understanding of oil, gas, and water handling facilities located in production, compression and plant processing facilities. The HES Manager will direct and coordinate an effective program to ensure that operations and activities comply with all applicable Health, Environment and Safety laws and regulations in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
The HES Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Direct and coordinate the HES Management System programs to ensure that comply with company HES policies, procedures, guidelines and programs that are consistent with US OSHA regulations 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, as well as ISO 14001, 39001, 45001 and PAS 99. To accomplish this, they will analyze all policies, procedures, guidelines and programs identified in the company HES Performance Standards, compare these with local practices and conditions and identify action required to be taken for full compliance. As a result, they will make the appropriate recommendations for implementation, secure the appropriate approvals and resources, then monitor and document timely resolution of action plans.
- Prepare HES Goals and long term action plans for Management approval.
- Participate in periodic HES Assessments required to monitor the effectiveness of HESMS, including worksite inspections, contractor audits, incident investigations and HES program reviews.
- Prepare new HES procedures or modification to existing procedures as required for continued operations or changing business requirements.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate reporting of all HES related information; including Contractor’s HES performance data, as well as external reporting to ministries and partners.
- Obtain all required permits pertaining to Health, Environment and Safety from the appropriate Ministry with the Sultanate which are required to conduct business.
- Manage selection, goals alignment, professional development and performance management programs for a diverse group of approximately 60 team members. This includes coaching and mentoring as well as formal development plans, and implementation of any required disciplinary measures.
- Manage HES team budget, working with Operations teams to identify, justify and fund HES projects in. Monitor, document and report expenditures for HES programs and activities.
- Project management including formulating and implementing action plans to further stimulate employee awareness and involvement in HESMS.
- Review and modify, as appropriate, emergency response procedures to ensure they are effective and representative of actual response measures and actions.
- Support all departments and Management in HES activities such as providing information, coordinating courses and maintaining statistics.
- Actively work with contractor personnel to ensure they maintain an HESMS equivalent to company.
- Provide audit support and HES bid specifications to Supply Chain Management during bidding process for new contracts if requested.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in HES in the Oil and Gas industry including a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a supervisor/ management role OR College diploma with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in HES in the Oil and Gas industry including a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a supervisor/ management role.
- Prefer experience with Systems Improvement TapRooT® investigation tools, Proscient® ISSOW permit to work and/or Enablon® software.
- Excellent oral, written and negotiating skills. Must have very strong presentation skills.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of HES concepts, principle, strategies and practical applications of these; an internationally recognized professional certification (CSP, PE, CHCM) is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.