Shift Team Leader
A Berkshire Power Generation facility is seeking a Shift Team Leader to play an integral role in directing shift operations at their plant. This is an excellent opportunity to join an operation run by one of the United Kingdom's most successful waste management organisations.
Scope of work
Supervising shift teams in the effective operation and maintenance of this power generation facility, as Shift Team Leader you will prioritise workloads in an efficient manner, maximising energy output in the process. Ensuring that all plant activities are carried out in compliance with company policies, legislation and health and safety policies, the role of Shift Team leader will also see you manage their Safe System of Work as Senior Authorised Person.
Furthermore, you will manage daily meetings to ensure working priorities are set, carry out risk assessments to ensure activities are safely executed and work with the management team to continually improve the environment at the facility. The position will also require the completion of incident reporting, carrying out follow-up investigations and ensuring that all operations at the plant are carried out within the environmental permit.
The shift pattern that this role requires is four on, four off.
- Possess relevant engineering qualifications, preferably HNC (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of two years process or power plant experience
- Have experience in safe systems of work and issuing Permits to Work/safety documents.
- Be experienced with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Hold a good understanding of environmental health and safety within the process or power industry.
- Be able to carry out team briefings, provide detailed shift handovers and compile shift reports.
- Have experience co-ordinating and supervising work activities including shift personnel and contractors.
- Be able to work from their Berkshire facility.
The company is paying a basic salary of between £50,000-£55,000 with a performance-based bonus, company pension plan and holiday package.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this role, please apply immediately. Interviews are set to begin next week.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales