Assistant Site Buyer
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Site Buyer to join a major renewable energy construction project near to Gloucester.
This position will be on a contract basis, reporting into the site Commercial Manager, with a competitive rate of pay and immediate start available for the right candidate.
Typical daily tasks are:
- Source and negotiate local contracts with selected suppliers/subcontractors supported by CM.
- Develop request for quote.
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of the contract.
- Respect contracts and local framework agreements ensuring consistent application of contract conditions.
- Manage Purchasing Contracts.
- Helping to interpret reports Stock control of consumables bought in.
- Budgeting and cost reports on all purchases.
- Updating cost logs.
- Reacting to any changes in customer demand and dealing with these front ends with CM.
- Providing site attendance in carrying out soft surveys.
- Providing general administrative assistance to CM.
- Attend meetings with CM where appropriate and taking notes, where deemed necessary.
- You have a few years of experience from a purchasing role in a construction and engineering company – ideally a site buyer role or a similar background.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- To be able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular).
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the position with you if your profile is suitable.