2019 University Graduates (UK) Civil Engineering
No. of Openings: 2
Position Closing Date: 09/02/2019
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel's Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting programme that offers:
- Industry experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership (our programme is accredited by the ICE)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Opportunities for civil engineering graduates are available in Infrastructure (highways, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports etc.) business units. Depending on the area you apply for the duties in your day to day role will vary.
- Here you can join us in either engineering or construction and you can expect to gain a broad view of our business.
- Your role as a field engineer Responsible for checking the quality of works undertaken by the Principal contractor, ensuring the works are undertaken in accordance with the specifications, procedures and the agreed AFC drawings.
- Attend hold and witness points for civils works and subsequently sign quality assurance check sheets.
- A principle responsibility is to check safety on site assuring that key risks stated in the task briefs and method statements are being mitigated.
- Report on progress to the commercial team, and liaise with the Project Engineers with respect to works being carried out on site.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting notes: || graduate ||