Array Cable Engineer
Are you looking for a new role as an Array Cable Engineer (Staff) for an offshore wind farm project, and able to start from 3/12/2018? This 23-month freelance contract position will run until approx. 31/10/2020 with the possibility to extend further thereafter. There will be quite a bit of travelling for this role in both the UK and Europe. The Consultant can be based either in Denmark or in London at our client’s prestigious offices. Hours of work will be 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day.
- Take part in project team meetings and cross-discipline cooperation.
- Ensure the project is delivered on time within scope and budget.
- Must comply with the client’s guidelines and current standards i.e ISO9001, QUBE and Sherlock requirements together with good engineering practice, and local requirements.
- Ensure best technical practices are implemented.
- Ensure hand-over of agreed documentation to S&C an O&M.
- Comply with and enforce the client's HSE requirement by promoting an excellent safety culture.
- Ensure QA through all tasks in the project.
- Provide input to Design Critical to Quality (CTQ).
- Ensure update of critical to Quality (CTQ) and control of CTQ is transferred to Quality Activity Schedules (QAS) following contract signing.
- Ensure compliance to Technical Employers Requirements in product fabrication.
- BSc Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Min 2 – 3 yrs practical as well as theoretical experience within MV/HV cables, components or installation.
- Must have Project Engineer skills.
- The successful Consultant must have his/her own PC with MS Office software and must be in possession of an i-phone 4S, 5C, 5S, 6 or 6+ or a Windows Phone 8.1.
- The Consultant must have his / her own PPE equipment.