Controls Systems Commissioning Engineer
Requisition ID: 205878
Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, adaptation, and modification of standard techniques, guidelines, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to startup, maintenance, operation, or testing. May include relocation to jobsite to perform specific startup activities as assigned.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
- Receives technical and administrative supervision from a Startup Engineer or Startup Engineering Supervisor.
- Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for project(s).
- Provides technical guidance or at times overall project startup supervision and assigns work to project startup engineers, technicians, crafts and others who are performing specific assignments.
- Coordinates with client, suppliers, regulatory agencies, project management, engineering, and field personnel as required to fulfill job requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Technical knowledge of startup, operation, maintenance, or testing.
Knowledge of engineering systems, applications of startup and operations and basic knowledge of application of computers to engineering problems.
Broad knowledge of precedents in the startup or operations area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
Good knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to plant or equipment operations.
Skill in oral and written communication.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or
- A professional license in an engineering discipline, or
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or an appropriate engineering discipline to meet job requirements, and
- Practical work experience in startup, operation, or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering, or plant operation in industrial or process facilities.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.