Vehicle State Estimation Engineer, Autopilot
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
- Contribute to design, implementation, and maintenance of in-car software with the following aims:
- Sensor fusion (combination of inertial, model, vision, GPS, map data) for vehicle localization and state estimation
- Vehicle localization (positioning) via development of an Inertial Navigation System (INS)
- Application of inertial and vehicle state estimation outputs for use in computer vision processing, mapping, path planning, and vehicle control
- Vehicle state estimation and localization sensor integrity monitoring
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD (preferred) in computer science, mathematics, physics or equivalent.
- Specialization in estimation theory or sensor fusion (some common topics include inertial measurement, inertial navigation systems, Kalman filters, particle filters, other Bayesian approaches more generally, ...)
- Expertise deriving theory and designing algorithms for Inertial measurement unit (IMU) alignment and error compensation
- Ability to implement estimation algorithms as high-quality real-time production software in C++