Foundation Fabrication Supervisor
Quanta's leading wind client require a TP Fabrication Site Representatitive for an exciting offshore wind farm project!
- Support and monitor sub-contractors fabrication of TP’s at their workshop and sub-suppliers.
- Participate in technical meetings.
- Participate in dimensional and welding inspections.
- Participate in and make spot checks of paint inspections.
- Generating internal progress/technical reports for client.
- Daily contact with client related to technical issues.
- Take part of and follow-up on possible NCR documentation.
- Follow-up on progress at workshop.
- Review of sub-contractors progress reports and documentation.
- Liaise with the Fabrication Mgr. and Fabrication Technical Quality Engineer on all quality matters.
- Monitoring of Quality of steel works and surface treatment according to Employers.
- Welding inspection spot-checks.
- Surface treatment spot-check of: surface preparation, Inspection during coating process, paint reports, cathodic protection etc.
- Dimensional checks of structure incl. check of position, dimension of profiles and tolerances.
- Review of workshop drawings, Final Documentation.
- Support Fabrication Mgr. in arranging, witnessing and/or participating in kick-off meetings.
- Support DE HSE with general supervision of HSE on site.
- Final inspections of steel works and surface treatment incl. documentation and input to punch list.
- Documentation of daily work and inspections to Fabrication Mgr.
- Review/input to the as-built documentation including review of traceability of records (e.g. manufacturing records, certificates, NDT reports, test reports, workshop drawings, equipment user manuals, etc.)
- Practical as well as theoretical experience with fabrication and inspection such as :
IWI International Welding Inspector, IWS International Welding Specialist, IWT International Welding Technician or IWE International Welding Engineer.
- Technically strong, adaptable, work well in a team, strong communication abilities.
- Good English skills both writing and verbal.
- Good knowledge of heavy steel workshop fabrication.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or other relevant education.
- Good knowledge of NDT inspections, preferable level 11 NDT Inspector.
- Good knowledge of paint inspections, preferable Frosio level 2/3.