Shift Team Leader
H9 Technical are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader / Shift Manager on a EFW facility in Buckinghamshire, with a market leading Waste Management business. You will be the driving force for the implementation and execution of all corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance in all areas of the process. Direct reporting to the Electrical team leader and to ensure that the maintenance department delivers a safe, effective and efficient service to operations.
The Shift Team Leader will hold a senior role within the site management team, providing front line Operational leadership and management at the state of the art Energy from Waste facility in Buckinghamshire. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant and efficient operation of the facility.
- Undertaking the role of Incident Controller, responsible for managing all site emergencies safely and in line with Local Management Instructions.
- Co-ordinating safety with regard to work activities, releasing plant for maintenance and carrying out isolation, high voltage switching and preparation and issue of safety documentation in line with site rules.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day Safety and Environmental performance of the facility, in accordance with relevant HSE legislation and guidance, and the site PPC Permit.
- Site Control Person, and Senior Authorised Person: Electrical (including HV) and Mechanical under the site Safety Rules.
- Implementation Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems and policies.
- Active participation in site Safety forums, including procedure and Safety System reviews on a periodic basis.
- Priority investigation, close out, rectification and reporting of incidents, accidents and near misses
- Providing high quality, detailed shift logging, including Health, Safety, Environmental and plant performance matters.
- Proactive plant performance monitoring, and the development and delivery of measures to improve plant performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Developing and managing ‘on shift’ maintenance skills to include first line fault finding, and repairs to emergency defects.
- Participating in employee recruitment, selection, reviews and training.
- Deputising for the Operations Manager when designated to do so.
- HND /HNC or equivalent level qualification
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Senior Authorised Person status: Electrical (including HV) and Mechanical.
- Knowledge and understanding of HV distribution systems, protection, switching up to 33KV.
- Supervisory experience in a similar environment i.e. steam powered, power plant, energy from waste operations role.
- Safe Systems of work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to power generation.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the principles and operations of steam driven power plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems, their protection and switching.
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and politically sensitive environment.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage in and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations