Supplier Quality Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer to be based at our well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility based at Llanberis, Wales.The facility, based in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for providing quality assurance leadership in the management of suppliers.Responsible for providing supplier quality engineering support and conducting assessments for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, supplier performance, and strategic procurement.
What are my responsibilities?
- Liaising with the Procurement, Manufacturing and Engineering, in assessing and addressing material quality issues.
- Ensure suppliers continue to meet Siemens Quality requirements with regard to Supplier Change Request process.
- Ensure effective and timely closure on all Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
- Manage supplier assessment program and conduct on-site quality and process assessments at suppliers both to approve new suppliers and existing suppliers on an ongoing basis.
- Support strategic procurement with regards quality requirements with suppliers.
- Perform work in compliance with established procedures and ensure all quality records, as defined within the Quality System, are completed according to the required standards and in a timely manner.
- Provide support for the introduction of new materials and material changes.
- Design and validate Quality System processes where appropriate (CSV and Inspection Process).
- Develop supplier capability in risk assessment such as PFMEA.
- Communicate and assure appropriate implementation of Quality Process Specifications, Quality ControlSpecifications, and Raw Material Specificationsetc.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing, Engineering and other stakeholders in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Support strategic procurement in sourcing, supplier selection, evaluation, and other supplier management activities in line with global and local policies and procedures.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in an engineering or science based discipline.
- Considerable experience in a Quality/ Science / Engineering Function within a Medical Device Company or other similarly regulated industry. Must have experience of working to International Quality Standards such as FDA and ISO.
- Broad range of successful experience with relation to different functional areas - worked with manufacturing, finance, logistics, quality. The ideal candidate will have experience of initiating and implementing change.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the Supplier Quality Management function with the ability to influence others and lead by example.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today's dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don't stop there. We're also deeply invested in our 48,000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other's individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 65832
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time