Project Quality Manager
- Create / update / communicate contents of local procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the development of work processes, procedures and tools.
- Act as a Champion for Quality within the OU, and leading the network of Quality Champions.
- Report to the Operating Unit Head of Quality on the status on audits, client surveys and general project performance.
- Work closely with Lead Project Controller to provide efficient and robust project support.
- Provide support to the Head of Quality and PDL in line with The Monthly Reporting Cycle
- Act as champion for and facilitate the implementation of Jacobs Value Enhancing Practices (JVEPs), e.g. PDW, Client Surveys and V+/S+
- Ensure allocated projects comply with Jacobs quality and project management requirements.
- Establish appropriate project specific, procedures, systems and controls.
- Participate in and monitor actions arising from;
- Project start up reviews
- Operational Project Reviews
- Project Audits
- Client Surveys
- Other feedback mechanisms as appropriate.
- Design, Checking and Certification
- Design Review Activity
- Design control and design development/change control.
- Reporting by exception, performance, success, problems, improvements, instances of failures or defects in documents and corrective actions taken
- Agree and implement actions to remedy immediate problems and prevent recurrence.
- Facilitate and undertake staff and project quality training sessions and refresh courses.
- Support discipline leads as appropriate in monitoring via sampling the application of CRA-V strategies and address non-conformances.
- Monitoring the project document control and record activities via liaison with any appointed document controller and address non-conformances.
- Monitor procedures for the appointment of suppliers and sub-contractors and address non-conformances.
- Promoting continual improvement, capturing project achievements and lessons learned.
- Develop, manage and implement an effective Improvement Plan for the Business.
- In Project Coordination meetings, listen for opportunities to add value to the project and resolve quality-related issues.
- Assist PM with preparation of materials for project review meetings. Attend project meetings and present about the status of Project Quality.
- Facilitate team alignment and JVEP sessions.
- Support the PM in implementation of Project Execution Plan (PEP).
- Write the Quality section of the PEP, or a separate Project Quality Plan (PQP) that incorporates both the Jacobs' and Client's procedures and work processes.
- Support the PM in the selection and execution of appropriate JVEPs.
- Support the PM in risk management. Monitor the execution of the Risk Management Plan. Ensure risks to the project are identified and acted upon by the PM.
- Develop, manage and implement an effective Improvement Plan for the Project.
- Facilitate or participate in the Client Expectations surveys as appropriate.
- Assist the team in understanding how they can achieve the Client's Expectations.
- Ensure improvements required as a result of Client Satisfaction Surveys are identified and implemented.
- Establish and own the OU audit schedule and where applicable project audit schedules together with PM and manage its implementation.
- Complete the Project Management Compliance audits early in the project and report findings to Project Team. Coordinate with PM to resolve action items.
- Coordinate the Quality Report process across the business.
- Provide any quality documents / information / tools that the project team may need to execute the project.
- Understand and be able to communicate the overall status, in terms of quality, of your assigned projects.
- Monitor the completion of audits by the disciplines.
- Initiate, schedule and implement Gate Reviews for the projects to measure our progress towards meeting the client specific phase deliverables.
- Monitor / analyse Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data and address trends or systemic issues. Involve / inform Management regarding systemic issues.
- Be accountable for QMS implementation within the OU and projects and support others as required.