Senior Cost Manager - ADCM
Senior Cost Manager - ADCM Middle East-Abu Dhabi Technical Salary:Based on Experience Recruitment start:18/09/2018
Job DescriptionTo join our Real Estate team in Abu Dhabi working on a wide range of projects, often large and complex, which could include Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Hospitality, Leisure and Master Plan developments.
Projects are primarily new build but could include fit out and refurbishment. With a market leading client base and the opportunity to take the lead on commissions, this is an exciting time to join the growing business unit and develop a career with Turner and Townsend. This role is client facing, working within a professional and ambitious team, where you will work on your own initiative but receive excellent support.
SCOPE: Senior Cost Managers lead commissions of varying types and sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project. Our projects generally are of significant size and value.Job ObjectivesMAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
• To perform the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
• To provide excellent service delivery to clients, gain their trust and enhance our reputation.
• To ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service from pre contract to handover.Skills RequiredKEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Detailed knowledge of and experience in the Real Estate / Property sector working for a professional cost consultancy.
• Experience of pre-contract services from feasibility through to tendering, measurement of building works for estimating, report writing and preparation of Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
• Experience of different procurement methods, single stage, two stage and design and build preferred.
• Experience of post-contract services, interim applications, change management, variation valuation and extension of time claims.
• Detailed experience of working with standard form contracts, FIDIC preferred, and administration of contract procedures.
• Demonstrable experience in client-facing roles, professional approach and confidence in presenting to clients, other consultants and project stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in dealing with contractors personnel with confidence and assurance.
• Report writing, Estimate reports, Cost reports, Procurement reports and Tender reports.
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
• Production of full Bills of Quantities and tender documentation.
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, preparing preambles and preliminaries, tender queries, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents.
• Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable.
• Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
• Producing pre-contract, post-contract and ad-hoc reports and presenting them to the client.
• Negotiating with contractors and agreeing final accounts.