Mechanical Engineer- Gasification
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer for a state-of-the-art Gasification Plant in Birmingham, West Midlands.
This will be a permanent role, with competitive salary on offer and the opportunity to work for one of the most exciting green-energy technology developers in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer having mechanical handling, piping and pressure vessel/equipment design and analysis experience. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide mechanical support for the design and development of diverse engineering projects, including in energy and power generation sector. The successful candidate will apply their skills and knowledge in successful delivery of mechanical engineering design.
- Able to produce drawings/data sheets and mechanical specifications based on input from process data sheets and basic engineering design data.
- Experience in carrying out mechanical calculations of pressurised equipment and tanks according to ASME and EN codes. Experience with authoring of design reports and substantiations.
- Review and verify suppliers design and fabrication to confirm requirements of the applicable pressure vessel codes, such as EN13445, PD 5500 and ASME VIII Divisions 1 & 2.
- A good understanding of relevant European directives (such PED 2014/68/EU) and industry standards and norms, including a working knowledge of API, ASME, ISO and EN standards.
- Experience in the specification of both static and rotating equipment including but limited to pumps, compressors, pressure vessels, and heat exchangers.
- Can carry out stress analysis for piping and pressure vessel and interpret results.
Desirable Candidate Experience:
- A degree in mechanical engineering discipline with at least 10 years of mechanical equipment design engineering, analysis of piping and pressure vessel experience.
- Expertise of writing technical specification, reports and knowledge of procurement of pressurised and non-pressurised static and rotating equipment.
- Ability to plan, organise and deliver work independently, can take responsibility of his/her own work, guide other in team and capable of producing designs, schemes, drawings, and supporting calculations.
- Ability to provide technical support to the site team. This covers the full range of Mechanical systems (i.e. Pumps, Vessels, Piping, and Minor Civil works) includes H&S elements.
- Ability to identify technical uncertainties and provide suitable solutions and advice
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the position with you in more detail.