Piping Construction Manager- Gasification
We are currently recruiting for a Piping Construction Manager for a state-of-the-art Gasification Plant in Birmingham, West Midlands.
This will be a permanent role, with competitive salary on offer and the opportunity to work for one of the most exciting green-energy technology developers in the UK.
This position sits within the project delivery team on the site. The project has already undertaken the installation of all major equipment but the piping work, some of the balance of plant equipment and installation rectification work is outstanding. The successful candidate will apply their skills and knowledge in managing on-site team in successful installation of pipework and the remaining equipment.
The work will be carried out during a day shift and normal working hours.
With a strong Safety-First approach, you will be an integral member of the Project Delivery Team.
- Manage the installation of pipework and associated mechanical equipment.
- Be able to read P&IDs, isometrics, technical drawings and develop piping installation plan.
- Efficient management of a team of about 6 to 8 installation work force and ensure all activities are carried out safely.
- Ensure all materials and tools are available to the installation work force.
- Liaise with the quality team/subcontractor and arrange testing as required.
- Liaise with the piping fabrication supplier to ensure timely delivery of completed piping.
- Oversee the installation of remaining equipment in accordance with drawings and 3D model
- You will have relevant experience of construction and installation management within the large/heavy plant / process equipment sector, preferably within the Power / energy from Waste or Gasification sector.
- SMSTS and have experience in a similar position.
- You must be a good communicator who can use Microsoft Office and produce weekly report.
- Knowledge of Italian language will be advantageous.
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss this position with you in more detail.