Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Mechanical Engineer – Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Avonmouth
At Viridor, we’re one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy. We’re undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state of the art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we’re already established as the second largest operator in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst being key to our revenue generation.
Our Avonmouth ERF is currently undergoing construction and will require an experienced Engineering professional who will lead and develop a team of Technicians and efficiently plan and execute maintenance activities associated with the ERF, including the workshops management.
As Mechanical Engineer you will ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant, preserve the value of the assets, ensure financial targets are met within the mechanical maintenance department and have a ‘no-compromise’ approach to health and safety is embraced.
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager and in co-operation with your Electrical and Control & Instrumentation colleagues, you will be play a key part in creating the systems, applying Viridor processes and preparing the site to commence commissioning. You will also be responsible for developing and training a team to embody your no compromise standards of safety, quality and performance to support the delivery of a world class facility.
Our ideal Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Knowledge of repair methods of mechanical machinery and material within heavy process or plant industries
- Experience of maintaining pressurised steam systems IAW PSSR.
- Experience in supervising teams and in planning and supervising work to deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Experience in working with Preventative Maintenance Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Appropriate Engineering qualifications such as HNC (or equivalent)
- Understanding of safe systems of work i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
- Exposure to an energy from waste facility or power stations would be advantageous and preferred
- A demonstrable ‘no compromise’ approach to Health & Safety legislation ideally relevant to process or power industry
- Knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender.
- Experience of contract management and procurement processes to deliver plant efficiencies against KPIs.
- Possess appropriate management qualification or experience of managing a team including annual appraisal reporting.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Effective team building, encouraging, motivation and people value
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including our pension scheme, healthcare, free eye test and safety eyewear where required alongside a selection of flexible benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity in our fast-growing business to join, develop and drive forward this state of the art brand new facility and help Viridor become the market leader.
The successful candidate should be available to start in role by January 2019.