An industry-leading organisation in the design, build and operation of energy networks within the UK market is currently seeking a Project Manager to play an integral role in the next stage of their growth. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation working on multiple applications ranging in size from gas-fired CHP to major energy centres.
Scope of work
Reporting into the Central London headquarters, as Project Manager you will be tasked with managing and co-ordinating energy network projects from concept through to delivery; encompassing bid/preferred bid stage through to completion and operational handover. As well as delivering your own projects, you will also work as part of a larger team to deliver on larger programmes.
Overseeing day-to-day construction activities, the Project Manager will be responsible for sub-contract management, health and safety, customer relationships and co-ordinating activity. Projects can range in size from energy centre installations through to large network schemes, working closely with operations and customer-facing departments. As Project Manager, you are required to remain organised and able to effectively plan projects in order to achieve delivery on-time and to budget.
The role will encompass travel to project sites across the United Kingdom approximately 1-2 days a week.
- Possess a record in project management within an engineering environment; this would preferably be within power generation but they could consider someone with a construction/civils background.
- Be able to commute to their Central London headquarters
- Possess commercial and contractual understanding of energy services, construction and mechanical services.
- Ideally have a good knowledge of renewable and low-carbon heating technologies such as CHP, Heat Pumps & Biomass.
- Good understanding and awareness of UK engineering and construction regulations/standards.
The company is experiencing significant growth as it continues to secure and develop projects across the United Kingdom; these projects range in size from single-site boiler rooms to large new-build energy centres. They are also expanding with new offices set to come online across the UK over the next year.
The company is paying a basic salary of £40,000-£45,000 with a discretionary bonus and package.
If you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, please contact me on 0161 227 4400.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales