OFTO Transaction Commercial Manager
Responsible for leading and managing the commercial contract aspects of the OFTO divestment process.
The OFTO Transaction Commercial Manager will have a pivotal role to play in ensuring maximum value is recovered through the sale process by supporting the cost assessment and due diligence process and negotiating an equitable Sale and Purchase Agreement with the OFTO. The position may require frequent travel to various locations in the UK.
- Develop effective working relationships with the Project Team, Business Performance Team
- Supporting the Head of Regulated Transactions with the cost allocation process and to ensure that OFTO costs are clearly identified and evidence that they have been efficiently and economically incurred.
- Support the vendor Due Diligence process to ensure that the data room provides full analysis of the project and justification for costs incurred; leading and coordinating the input from the Commercial Team
- Negotiate and manage the Sale and Purchase Agreement with the preferred bidder.
- Negotiate and manage O&M service agreements for the OFTO assets.
- Liaise with Corporate Departments to ensure that transactions and tax structures meet the required needs.
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts within the Corporate Departments, including Development, Tax, Control, Legal and Procurement to increase the profile of the offshore division.
- The post holder will require a wide range of knowledge relating to the renewable energy industry, Government energy policy, and accounting standards.
- Strong commercial contract and negotiation skills, ideally within a transactional environment.
- Strong self-performance management, highly driven, decisive and focused with strong commercial, financial and due diligence skills
- Awareness of when decisions must be referred to more senior team members
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressurised environment
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to lead and challenge transaction strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to explain complex and detailed commercial issues and interactions to give full understanding to senior managers to reach business decisions.
- Experience of managing geographically diverse, multi-disciplinary teams of experienced professionals
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to challenge senior management on key issues
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to form effective working relationships
- Self-motivated and able to manage time effectively
- Good practical knowledge of IT applications / systems
- Degree and/or professional qualification in Law, Finance, or Business Management discipline.
- · Experience of negotiating and managing FIDIC and NEC3 contracts.
If you are interested apply below.