Solar Consultant - France
Are you a Solar Consultant currently living in or considering a move to France? The Saint Germain en Laye office of RINA Consulting is commuting distance from central Paris and presently looking for an experienced French speaking Solar Consultant to join the busy Renewables – Solar Division. The Solar Consultant will support the growth of independent and owner's engineering services in France and French speaking Africa.
You’ll form part of our busy Project Engineering team delivering technical assessments of photovoltaic (PV) plants for various stakeholders in the renewables industry. You’ll provide technical consulting services to lenders, investors and owners throughout the development, procurement, construction and operations phases of PV projects. Typical core tasks will include technical due diligences as part of PV project financings or mergers & acquisitions and construction monitoring. We’re looking for a Solar Consultant with a practical knowledge of the risks associated with PV projects at each stage of the lifecycle and substantial experience in conducting technical reviews of PV plant. This opportunity will enable you to work with RINA Consulting teams across the globe, stretching your technical and consultancy skills and providing energy / renewable energy consulting services across a variety of projects.
This Solar Consultant role will be based in Saint Germain en Laye, France, primarily focused on the French market and, to a lesser extent, Francophone Africa. Key tasks include:
- Providing technical advice including energy yield assessments; specification assistance; procurement and contracting assistance; general project advice; and technical due diligence
- Supporting business development through liaison with a wide range of customers from PV developers to financial institution
- Acting as Owners’ Engineer or Lenders’ Engineer undertaking site inspections of works
- Following market trends, identifying prospects and managing the complete project lifecycle from proposal to delivery
- Producing written reports and other documentation and presenting them to customers
Qualifications & experience
- Experience is essential, in energy assessments, project engineering, procurement or construction of PV plants, preferably with a consultancy, developer, manufacturer or contractor in France
- A degree in an engineering field (Grandes Ecoles or equivalent) preferably in electrical engineering
- Strong practical knowledge, both technical and commercial, of how a PV plant is developed, constructed and operated
- Fluent in English and French with an ability to write concise reports in English and present to stakeholders
- Knowledge of French grid connection and related procedures
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations (including HSE), international standards and certification body requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the solar market and future prospects/trends
- Good IT skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office package
You’ll need be a highly professional Engineer driven to deliver technical excellence to become part of our specialist team. You’ll be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills and a collaborative approach. As an exceptional communicator, you’ll have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You’ll thrive on customer engagement, have advanced customer skills and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships. Your customer focus and sound technical judgment will equip you to influence at all levels and achieve your project objectives. You will work well in all scenarios and as a ‘self-manager’ process excellent time management and organisational skills, never missing a deadline. You’ll take pride in your work and great satisfaction from using your initiative and taking accountability.
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients’ ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.