Associated Wind Resource Analyst
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Associated Wind Resource Analyst in Vattenfall’s Business Area Wind.
Overall purpose of the role:
As Associated Wind Resource Analyst, under supervision of more experienced colleagues, you will analyze the wind conditions in current and future windfarms, including wind data gathering, data analyses, constraints and limitations for the layout definition, site appraisal and energy estimation for onshore clients. You will be part of a cross border team, you will also be engineering for development teams in the other Vattenfall countries but with an emphasis on the home country.
You will support in defining the appropriate measurement campaign in every site in order to ensure the reliability of the production estimation at every tollgate. You will also analyze the available data, in order to understand the climate conditions at every site and estimate the long term, and compile all information regarding constraints to develop the optimal lay-out. The position will sometimes require visits to the sites to identify real constraints and verify the proposed lay-outs.
As Associated Wind Resource Analyst you have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide support in planning and developing new wind farm sites;
- Help plan measurement campaigns for met masts or remote sensing devices;
- Perform Wind Resource Assessments to assess the wind and site conditions;
- Analyse constraints for every specific site, in order to define the optimal lay-out of WTGs and WTG selection;
- Perform Production Assessments including curtailments;
- Perform full uncertainty analysis in order to assess risks;
- Analyse performance of operating wind farms;
- Provide support in Power Curve Verification.
Your profile as Associated Wind Resource Analyst
You are a goal and result oriented person, attentive to details, but capable of comprehensive thinking. You are a person with a high level of energy, motivation and initiative. You possess good interpersonal skills, and you have the capability to communicate clearly to other specialists and professionals who are not from a technology background. Furthermore:
- You have a University degree in Engineering/Physics/Meteorology or equivalent;
- You have at 1-2 years of experience in a similar position or done an MSc-thesis in Wind Energy on a relevant topic;
- You have an interest in renewable energy in general, and wind energy in particular;
- You have an understanding of the cycle of wind projects and the wind industry;
- You have basic knowledge of wind flow modelling and are familiar with relevant software such as WindPro, WAsP or other comparable software. Experience with CFD codes (e.g. WindSim or MeteoDyn) is a plus;
- You must be articulate in English speech and writing, and be flexible and willing to travel;
- You are willing to work in teams, cooperate with colleagues and follow Vattenfall procedures and guidelines in the work.
Hexham, UK. The job requires occasional travelling across Europe, mostly between office locations.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 11th of May 2018. Interviews will be held on the 24th & 25th of May.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, mail email@example.com
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!