C & I Commissioning Technician- Energy from Waste
C&I Commissioning Technician- Energy from Waste
My client is currently looking to recruit a C&I Commissioning Technician to assist the commissioning team on a new build Energy from Waste Power Plant, just North of Birmingham.
This will be on a contract basis, potentially working on a night-shift, for a period of 3-6 months initially (chance of extension).
A competitive rate of pay is on offer with an immediate start for suitable candidates.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Responsible for installing and re-configuring numerous SEL Relays
- Knowledge of PLC/SCADA systems Performing FAT and SAT testing
- commissioning 11KV/440V transformers
- STS Switchgear, 440V Switchboards, UPS, Fire & Gas Systems, lighting and small power
- Carrying out secondary injection testing of each individual relay and pickup alarm, proving functionality and setting up VSDs.
- Completing commissioning documentation, attending construction walk-downs for mechanical completion; Liaising with project management personnel re the construction punch list items and issuing remedial works packs to the project electrical sub-contractor.
- Commissioning experience ideally within the Power Generation sector such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, Gasification etc
- Controls & Instrumentation experience with relevant qualification (min HNC)
- Happy to work a nightshift
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deliver results on major projects
Please respond to thus advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the role with you in more detail if your profile is suitable.