Wind Turbine Safety Engineer
Job Title: Wind Turbine Safety Engineer
Salary: £34,123 – £45,066 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours
You will be involved in ensuring safety and quality controls are in place, for the Siemens 3.6MW turbine operating at the 504Mw Greater Gabbard wind farm. This will involve full QA audits of the turbines that are being serviced, understanding procedures and check sheets constantly looking for improvements. Other key responsibilities will include
- Assist with the development of a formal and repeatable service inspection process for the site.
- Compile detailed reports on all findings
- Act as first line plant support to the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Work closely with the Lead engineer for maintenance management to develop effective preventative and corrective maintenance routines
- Support contractor inspection teams
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be educated to HNC level in a relevant engineering discipline and have previous experience in an electro mechanical production environment. Experience in Siemens 3.6 MW wind turbines is essential. Due to your previous experience you will have a good understanding of all safety rules relating to the wind industry and be confident in carrying out audits. You will have strong communication and leadership skills to ensure work carried out meets industry and company standards.
Flexible working patterns can be considered for this role
Renewable Operations operates and maintains sites across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 26 th of March 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
Advertised: 13 Mar 2018 GMT Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Mar 2018 GMT Daylight Time