Engineering Manager- Nuclear New Build
- Full Time
H9 Technical are currently working exclusively with a joint venture partnership in recruiting for a major package of work on the Hinkley Point C Nuclear new build. We are looking for an Engineering Manager on either a salaried, or long-term contract basis, to be based on site, with competitive pay on offer.
- To support the Project Manager and his/her team to ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget to the satisfaction of the customer
- Liaise with and control of OEMs for the installation of Original Equipment
- To oversee a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget
- To manage, support and advise the Project Management Team on all aspects in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of technical aspects of the construction project
- To be responsible for the management of engineering contractors performing work during the project lifetime
- Lead site daily, weekly and monthly co-ordination meetings and report and escalate to the project owner management as required
- Manage design issues and interfaces between the customer and the subcontractors
- Manage the engineering construction budget and related financial reporting by making cost effective solutions and proposals for the project
- Evaluate and approve changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of the project.
- Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for Engineering contractors and subcontractors
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines and UK regulations are met
- Act as the main technical adviser to OEM Installers for subcontractors
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties that may arise
- Plan work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities to meet agreed deadlines
- Work closely with the Quality, H & S and Environmental Managers to assure compliance
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project.
- Excellent educational background, educated to GNVQ Level 7 master’s degree in engineering/construction management or equivalent.
- SPE membership or equivalent would be desirable.
- Possess a minimum of seven years’ experience in an engineering management role managing a power facility construction project with a verifiable track record of successful work.
- Possess a solid technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in site construction management.
- Experience with nuclear facility construction a distinct advantage
- Have an excellent working knowledge of a solid modelling computer-aided design programme such as SolidWorks.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project.
- A working knowledge of Primavera would be an advantage
- Knowledge and proven track record of managing engineering systems within the construction industry
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss with you further if your profile is suitable.