Quality Assurance Manager- Nuclear New Build
H9 Technical are currently working exclusively with a joint venture partnership in recruiting for a major package of work on the Hinkley Point C Nuclear new build.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager on either a salaried, or long-term contract basis, to be based on site, with competitive pay on offer.
To manage and direct the quality assurance function in compliance with the project policies, contractual requirements, and applicable codes and standards. To ensure compliance with customer/client standards and government regulatory requirements in a large scale nuclear construction environment. Responsible for the planning, managing, and technical performance of the Construction Quality Assurance programme. To manage subcontractors and suppliers Quality Assurance/Quality Control programme.
- Ensure that the process is in place to deliver right first time to the project owner’s specification, in conjunction with the Site Project Manager
- Ensure that appropriate inspection and test plans are in place and being carried out
- Lead the Project Team to put in place appropriate document control methodology for the compilation of Lifetime Quality Records for the project
- Ensure systems are in place, in conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate, which allow the required specification to be clearly agreed with the project owner and his/her technical representatives
- Ensure systems are in place to allow sample and benchmark plans to be established and agree with the project owner and the sub-contractor supply chain
- Assure the Site Project Manager that the Quality Plan is being followed and that requirements are being met
- Support the development of either Project or Business Stream Quality strategies and plans and the implementation of measurement frameworks across the scope of services and full project life cycle
- Lead the Quality Team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improvement
- Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations, and share best practice
- Apply the highest principles of quality assurance. ensure the project requirements are clearly understood and that Quality Assurance/Control mechanisms are in place that provide assurance that the project delivers as designed/required
- Produce project and/or business quality reports as required
- Undertake specific investigations and to report on quality related issues as required
- Seek to understand and implement the appropriate IT tools to support the project governance and quality assurance measures on the project
- Be educated to GNVQ Level 6 bachelor's degree with honours or equivalent engineering, construction or comparable subject
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of ASME/NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project
- Proven extensive knowledge of project delivery in construction & projects
- Be a qualified with lead auditor credentials (e.g. NQA-1 Lead Auditor Certification) in at least one international standard
- CQI/IRCA Membership preferred
- Five years of Quality Assurance experience in a construction environment is required
- Verifiable Document Control management experience
- Experience with nuclear facility construction a distinct advantage
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss with you further if your profile is suitable.