We are looking for a GIS Analyst, in our Business Area Wind, a part of the Vattenfall Organisation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
Your job as a GIS Analyst:
Vattenfall uses GIS and other specialist software to support the screening, design, development, construction, operation and data management of wind farms. The GIS Analyst is responsible for carrying out this work for offshore projects in the UK, as well as supporting other operating countries, namely Denmark, Germany, Sweden and the Netherlands as required. The GIS Analyst will be part of an international GIS team with other team members being geographically remote.
- Support the Head of GIS in meeting the GIS project demands of the wind business
- Implement all work according to internal GIS Procedures including metadata;
- Data management for incoming survey data from consultants ensuring metadata is compliant with contract requirements. Liaise with sub-contractors for the receipt and transmittal of survey data;
- Maintain project GIS Databases with new data creation or data import;
- Provide mapping support, WebGIS upkeep and GIS analysis for all relevant projects;
- Liaise with other Wind departments to support the design of the wind farm layout (wind turbines and associated infrastructure);
- In the wider role actively participate in further development of GIS within Business Area Wind.
Your profile as a GIS Analyst:.
- Graduate qualified in geography, engineering, computing, oceanography or other Earth science degree;
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS is essential;
- Ability to work efficiently while being remote from other GIS team members;
- Ability to produce high quality maps / graphics suitable for technical reports;
- Ability to liaise with technical and environmental specialists;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of the offshore sector would be highly advantageous;
- Experience using ESRI Arc Server, AGOL, CAD and ArcGIS Pro would be advantageous;
- Experience using Python or Arcade programming language is desirable;
- Excellent computer and communication (English) skills is essential.
The location of the position is London or Hexham, Northumberland, UK.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment, phone +31654916494 or mail email@example.com
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 28th January.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!