Sub-Project Lead Cable
Sub-Project Lead Cable
On behalf of one of our clients we are looking for a Sub-Project Lead Cable
As Sub-Project Lead Land Cable you are responsible for the realisation and installation of the onshore cable systems in the Maasvlakte Area, which connects the two offshore grid connection systems HKZ Alpha and Beta to the onshore grid. In total 1400 MW offshore wind energy will get connected to the shore in a safe and timely manner and within quality and budget requirements.
Your scope is to manage the design, fabrication, installation and commissioning of the cable systems. Included in the scope are the manufacturing and the installation of 380 kV cables towards Maasvlakte 380, and the crossing of the Yangtze channel via a Horizontal Drilling. Close cooperation and alignment with the Port of Rotterdam and owners of cable and pipelines in the vicinity is required. You are member of the cable team of the HKZ Alpha and Beta project and work closely together with the other project leads in the team in order to realise the entire system integration of the grid connection on time.
As Sub-Project Lead Land Cable you are reporting to the Project Lead Cable and located in the department Offshore NL.
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
• Management of Land Cable scope of work, including design, construction, transport & installation and commissioning of the onshore cable systems.
• Responsible for tendering and contracting of the contractors for the Land Cable, starting on short notice.
• Managing the land cable contracts based on risk assessment in such a way, ensuring optimal contributing to the project goals, taking into account the department's.
• Performing effective contract management of the land cable contracts.
• Management of the interfaces with other contracts (Sea cable, Land station) in close cooperation with the other project leads in the team.
• Ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for SHE, time, cost, risk and quality.
• Setting up and managing the land cable team, closely cooperating with other project leads and experts in the team.
• Aligning with relevant authorities, municipalities and land owners.
• Ensuring project documentation.
• Responsible for primary risk management as part of day-to-day job.
• To ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and the framework of corporate manuals and guidelines.
• Areas of work: offshore and onshore cable systems and installation, system integration, testing, commissioning, grid connection, AC transmission technology, cable connections.
• Contribution to standardisation of project management approach and optimisation of synergies between projects.
• Aligning with experts and teams within Offshore NL/GER and various other departments and taking into account lessons learned from other large projects.
• Monitoring and evaluation of phase to phase progress focussing on documenting and communicating about 'lessons learned' so future projects can benefit.
• Ensuring high quality project plans, progress and exception reports, decision documents, evaluations and implementing Project Steering Group (PSG) decisions.
• You contribute actively to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Cable Engineering or a comparable discipline.
- You have knowledge and experience (5 years +) in leading construction and electrical projects and in managing project teams with experts.
- You have extensive experience in the technical field of Cable Engineering/ Electrical engineering.
- You have a wide experience in managing contracts.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and to become acquainted with a range of topics.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well.
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment.
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality'.
- You are able to functionally manage, motivate and give direction to a team of professionals and you are a team player yourself.
- You are preferable IPMA C certified or open to follow a certification process.
- Experience with UAV GC is a an advantage.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.Willingness to travel.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please contact Hans Slootweg by e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org