Operations & Maintenance Technician- Solar Energy
H9 Technical are currently looking to recruit an Operations and Maintenance Technician, for a market-leading renewable energy business, to cover the Suffolk and Cambridgeshire area.
Responsible for the successful and safe delivery of O&M planned and reactive maintenance activities, on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV plants.
Duties include planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution, and reporting. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
- Planned preventative maintenance of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Reactive maintenance interventions and fault diagnosis of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Inspections, information gathering and records keeping;
- Completion of job sheets, stock control;
- Access and security control;
- H&S policy adherence and supporting the further development of the system;
- Adherence to and supporting the further development of the BSR Quality Management System;
- Supervision of sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites;
- Self-lead and classroom based training.
Experience and qualifications:
- At least eight years technical experience as a qualified electrician (17th edition) or electrical engineer;
- Inspection and maintenance experience and qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5);
- Solar PV installation and maintenance experience (including systems over 50kWp and G59/3) and qualifications (C&G 2372 or C&G 2399);
- Experience and training with Ingeteam, Gamesa and Power Electronic PV inverters is highly desirable;
- Experience and training with HV switchgear and systems is highly desirable;
- Health and Safety awareness (e.g. ECS and/or SSSTS) including valid first aid ticket;
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision;
- Spanish speaking applicant is highly desirable;
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude;
- Team player and good communicator;
- Strong technical understanding and ability to explain and resolve faults;
- Enthusiasm for continuing development and learning;
- Clean Driving Licence.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Private Healthcare
If you are interested please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch in the near future to discuss the role with you further.