Operations Director- Solar Energy
My client is a specialist provider to the low carbon energy industry who create value through managing the entire process – building, connecting and managing solar and energy storage projects in the UK and internationally to support a smart, low carbon energy grid.
The Operations & Maintenance team is a key division within the Group as a leading provider of expert services in the O&M marketplace and is recruiting for a Director to lead the commercial and strategic development of the O&M business.
Following significant growth over the last two years the O&M division now manages nearly 6% of the country’s utility scale solar power, with 465MW across 48 solar parks in the UK under management.
This new position offers an opportunity in a time of growth for the business and the person appointed will report into the Group Board and be responsible for existing clients along with managing future growth in solar and energy storage both in the UK and internationally.
You should have the following background:
- Technical background, ideally in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in Operations Management, ideally within the green energy sector
- Knowledge of UK HSE regulations with formal qualification
- Strong communication skills, able to interact at all levels
- Commercial understanding and ability to control budgets
What is on offer?
- Highly competitive salary (negotiable depending upon experience)
- Company Car
- Contributory pension
Please respond to this advert today and we can discuss the role with you in more detail.