Solar M&A Advisor
Exciting opportunity for a Solar M&A Advisor to work for one of the world's largest energy companies.
The role will be within the Solar M&A team which is investing in other developer's projects and development businesses. A number of target countries have been identified with compelling market and commercial drivers, relevant to the client's footprint and operations that can be leveraged and have the potential to provide future scale and appropriate returns.
The Solar M&A Advisor will support the Solar M&A Manager in the evaluation and prioritisation of short-listed markets, and origination and delivery of solar M&A opportunities from due diligence to deal completion. The scope of M&A is primarily co-investment in other developers' pre-construction projects and pipelines, and could extend to investment in or acquisition of development platforms, and may include asset acquisitions. The Advisor will have the opportunity to lead smaller deals but will support larger or more complex deals from origination to completion.
The role will involve co-ordination of internal and external parties to reach investment decisions and management of project development budget, appropriately supported by internal staff.
Our client aims to provide customers, large and small with clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. Recognising that solar PV is set to play a major role in the energy system, the company is building solar development business. To do this they are developing their own projects and investing in other developer's projects and development businesses. The focus is on utility-scale solar PV and PV with storage, for Government, utility and commercial & industrial power customers.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* At least 6 years' experience in power and renewables commercial roles, with at least 2 years in solar PV;
* Track record in originating and delivering solar PV deals, including: joint development/ partnership agreements, asset acquisition / divestment, M&A of development companies, buying, financing and divesting solar assets at different stages of development and operation. Deal sizes $10-200 million;
* Experience in market evaluation and entering new markets/segments or business models an advantage;
* Strong industry networks and evidence of being able to establish networks in new markets;
* Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in solar PV projects and businesses;
* Experience in more than one market, in particular emerging markets;
* Self-starter, able to work under little supervision and rapidly build networks, whilst balancing the need to manage internal and external stakeholders to get projects delivered;
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Key words: solar, PV, PV solar, renewables, clean technology, merger, acquisition, mergers, acqusiitions, merger & acquisition, mergers & acquisitions, merger and acquisition, mergers and acquisitions, investment, commercial, due dillegence, portfolio management, asset managent, commercial manager, strategy manager, m&a manager, m&a advisor, mergers and applications advisor