Mergers & Acquisitions Manager (Solar)
Mergers & Acquisitions Manager - Solar
Our client, a leading international energy company is building a solar development business as it aims to provide customers, large and small with clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. ,
To do this, our client is developing its own projects and investing in other developer's projects and development businesses. The focus is on utility-scale solar PV and PV with storage, for Government, utility and commercial & industrial power customers.
The Solar M&A Manager role will lead the evaluation and prioritisation of short-listed markets, and origination and delivery of solar M&A opportunities from due diligence to deal completion. The scope of M&A is primarily co-investment in other developers' pre-construction projects and pipelines, and could extend to investment in or acquisition of development platforms, and may include asset acquisitions.
Qualifications and requirements
* Strong experience in power and renewables commercial roles, with some experiences in solar PV.
* Track record in originating and delivering solar PV deals, including: joint development/ partnership agreements, asset acquisition / divestment, M&A of development companies, buying, financing and divesting solar assets at different stages of development and operation. Deal sizes $10-200 million;
* Experience in market evaluation and entering new markets/segments or business models an advantage;
* Strong industry networks and evidence of being able to establish networks in new markets;
* Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in solar PV projects and businesses;
* Experience in more than one market, in particular emerging markets;
* Self-starter, able to work under little supervision and rapidly build networks, whilst balancing the need to manage internal and external stakeholders to get projects delivered;
* Comfortable operating in an evolving organization and adaptable in the face of a rapidly evolving external environment;
* Experience of working in a large company and delivering projects across organizational boundaries is an advantage;
* Able to prioritise time and effort to deliver greatest impact;
* High personal standards in regard to professional code of conduct.
The successful application will be rewarded with a long term contract and a competitive daily rate.
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.