Project Manager - Grid Operations
Project Manager – Electricity Grid Dispatching Operations
- Location: UAE
- Duration: 12 months
- Rate: €800 - €1000 per day
- Key Requirements: Electricity grid operations, project management, consulting, nuclear generation
Turner Lovell are recruiting for a Project Manager to lead a consulting process improvement project in the electricity transmission / nuclear generation sector. You will work for a leading European consultancy with extensive experience in the electricity transmission market.
Specifically you will investigate existing at processes in the grid operations, electricity grid dispatching function on a large scale electricity grid system. You will be responsible for analysing processes and procedures, then making recommendation for their improvement and implementing changes.
Previous work experience as a Dispatcher, Grid Operator or leading a load demand/ grid system engineering function is a critical requirement for this role. Experience working for a Transmission System Operator, electricity network operator or extensive experience in electricity transmission is highly advantageous.
The selected candidate will, in addition to the above, have experience working in a grid system that has nuclear generation.
- Ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Evaluate business processes efficiency and formulate improvement recommendations for the dispatch, grid operations function;
- Play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives by focusing on changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures
- Excellent educational background in an engineering discipline (University Degree)
- Excellent knowledge of electricity transmission dispatching & grid operations, ideally in a TSO / DNO
- Understanding of nuclear energy generation systems
- Minimum of 15 years work experience
- Strong experience with project management approaches & tools
- Willing to work in a hand-on role
- Excellent client-facing and consulting skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi -tasking skills
- Experience in working in the Middle-East
- Experience working with European team members
This is an excellent opportunity for Project Manager / Senior Engineer looking to combine their consulting, project management know how with their experience of transmission grids and grid operations.
Please apply with a CV, confirming your experience with grid dispatching, electricity networks and we will be in touch asap.