Chemical Market Sector Manager - Homeworking
I am recruiting for a Chemical Market Sector Manager with a global responsibility with a strong background in the chemicals industry (working from home).
This is a new position that reports to the Strategic Marketing Director, the Market Sector Manager’s primary responsibility is to grow the business unit’s sales in the chemical market by providing focused support to the regional sales teams. The role complements the sales organisation and catalyses their activity to drive sustainable and planned growth. This role has global responsibility for the chemical sector and will require overseas travel accordingly (30% global travel).
- Market Sector Business Management/ Growth leadership / business development. Infield Market Sector Support. Market sector budget responsibility. Strategic initiatives and projects.
- Sales team training. Sales support literature. Reference collation. Competitor intelligence
- OEMs. In conjunction with other market facing functions, build and maintain direct relationships with key OEMs to provide support and gain market insight.
- Degree educated.
- Preferably in a relevant technical or engineering discipline, commerce /business or marketing.
- Industrial experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, either directly in or selling to the relevant market sector.
- Strategic thinking.
- Must be able to contribute to the overall strategy and direction for the relevant market sector.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Word, XL, Outlook and Power Point (or similar packages) needed.
- Experience of the CRM package salesforce.com would be an advantage, plus the ability to learn other IT based tools.