Quantity Surveyor - Civil
Quantity Surveyor - Civil. Location: Midlands. Salary: £45,000 - £65,000!
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor for a leading international Contractor. The role project workload consists of Renewable Energy facilities and Anaerobic Digestion plants.
- To develop and lead the strategy to successfully deliver the project objectives.
- Provide commercial support and leadership to project and ensure that commercial discipline is maintained throughout.
- Cost and value management for the project
- Change management
- Risk management
- Project procurement
- Preparing reports, subcontract documentation, issue enquiries and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts
- Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
- Dispute resolution
- Guide and develop all project staff on commercial issues.
- To undertake all responsibilities in line with company policies
- Act in the best commercial and financial interests of the business in delivering set projects and services to time and quality adding best value to the overall business
- Ideally BEng, BSc or similar level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Good understanding of contracts, in particular NEC (Options A and C)
- Strong commercial and contractual skills - able to identify unacceptable terms and conditions and negotiate contracts with subcontractors
- Strong numerical skills, able to prepare various financial reports, accounts and forecasts
- Excellent report writing skills
- Clear communication and team working skills