Project Quality Manager
A Renewable Energy client is looking for a Consultant working as a Project Quality Manager (Senior Staff) for their offshore wind farm project. The Project Quality Manager will have overall quality management supporting package managers, establish, implement and maintain project quality management system and development of quality management culture across the client’s organisation. This is anticipated to be an 18-month freelance contract starting 1st November 2017 up until approx. 30th April 2019 with the option of extending further thereafter. Hours of work will be 8 hrs per day, 5 days a week, and this role will be based in London.
- Project quality planning including definition of quality objectives and KPI’s at EPC level and supporting quality objectives setting at package level.
- To establish, implement and maintain Quality Management Systems (QMS) at project/product line level providing a framework for all packages/modules.
- To ensure project quality management system requirements are met and processes and controls implemented.
- Advise, assist and follow up with the project team members in relation to quality management matters and implementation of the quality system.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness and implementation of the project quality management system.
- To support EPC Management in communication quality issues within project/product line.
- To manage project quality management interface with relevant PMI areas and functions within Project/Product Line and with other quality related functions in Wind Power.
- Support transfer processes from product line to asset project and from asset project to asset management/OFTO from an overall quality perspective.
- Prioritise and support of QIP and objectives settings for implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure Lessons Learnt programme establishment and delivery.
- Ensure Cost of Poor Quality is followed up in AP and used in PL to support quality improvement projects.
- MSc or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline and IRCA examined lead auditor or other relevant quality qualification.
- 5 yrs. experience of working within renewable energy or construction.
- 5 yrs. experience of experience within quality management and or project management.
- 5 yrs. experience working in a project matrix organisation.
- The Consultant must bring his/her own mobile telephone (i-Phone 4S,5C, 5S, 6 or 6+ or a Window phone 8.1 & PC with MS Office software.
- The Consultant must have his/her own PPE equipment.