Offshore Inspection Engineer
Airswift are urgently seeking an experienced Offshore Inspection Engineer to work for the world leader in the Operation, Lease and Development of FPSO’s.
This is a permanent position, offering attractive benefits including; Healthcare, mobilisation allowance, pension scheme and a rotation of 3/3.
Job objectives of this role are to provide direct support to asset operations, co-ordination and monitoring of all inspection activities on process facilities, structures and fabric maintenance for asset operations. The OIE shall be available to support and carry out periodical surveys on all Bluewater FPSO’s in a safe and efficient manner.
All activities will be performed in accordance with Bluewater’s Corporate Management System.
- Ensuring that inspections, both onshore and offshore, are carried out in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with Bluewater’s Safety Managements System (SMS), Operational Procedures and Corporate Managements System (CMS).
- Liaising with all parties involved to achieve successful execution of the planned workscope.
- Provision of direct technical and operational support to any unplanned offshore inspection programme and be available for deployment offshore to any FPSO.
- The onshore and offshore co-ordination and implementation of the planned inspections and monitoring of pressurised equipment, pipe work, structures and fabric maintenance activities.
- Completion of online blasting certificates in support of fabric maintenance activities.
- Initial grading of anomalies. Attendance of regular meetings with regards to the prioritisation and effective close out of anomalies.
- Technical support to Asset Management Team, Operations, Maintenance and Section Head Corporate Integrity Management.
- Ensuring compliance with on-stream and off-stream inspection techniques and codes of practice.
- Contribution to asset review sessions and improvement activities.
- Continuous identification and implementation of effective inspection techniques which improve efficiency and reduce cost and plant downtime.
- Providing appropriate inspection data which can be used in the Integrity Management System and enables analysis of system technical integrity and preventive maintenance.
- Input to the Asset planning (90 day and 28 day schedule) related to offshore inspections.
- Advising and assisting the Section Head Corporate Integrity Management, with respect to activities impacting on technical integrity, overview planning and budgeting.
- Ensuring inspection work is implemented to plan and budget.
Education & experience
- HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- UKAS Accreditation RG2 Category 3 or equivalent
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 2
- API 510 – Vessels preferred
- API 570 – Pipework preferred
- PCN or ASNT Level 2 in Ultrasonics, MPI, DPI, ECT, Radiography
- Accredited Rope Access Technician Level 1 preferred
- Oil and Gas UK Medical Certificate
- Combined Survival/Fire-fighting/HUET
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at height
- Previous experience of Offshore/Onshore Inspection Engineering role
- Knowledge of relevant Onshore & Offshore Legislation
- Knowledge of Risk Based Inspection Principles
- Good appreciation of deterioration mechanisms associated with Oil & Gas Sector, API 571 & EI
- Appreciation of Energy Institute Guidance documents for grading coatings & substrate
- Appreciation of API579 Fitness for Purpose Assessment
- Familiar with Maintenance Management Systems, Maximo preferred
- Good knowledge of Classification Society Rules for maintenance of Class
- Technical Composite Wrap training
- Structural Inspection Awareness