WTG Technician (Wind)
Eden Scott's client is engaged in the service and maintenance of wind turbine assets across the UK and Ireland, Europe and the US. The business is contracted to provide preventative maintenance on an expanding wind turbine fleet across multiple sites in the UK onshore wind energy sector and continues to grow both commercially and in terms of headcount. Due to this continued expansion, our client is recruiting for an experienced Wind Turbine Service Engineer to be based at wind farm site in the central belt of Scotland. The position would suit an Authorised Technician (AT) or Competent Technician (CT) with a minimum of two years' experience of wind turbine service and maintenance. The position is available on a 12 month annual, extendable contract and will be remunerated on an hourly rate basis.
- Field operational support for planned preventative maintenance programs of wind turbine generator
- Liaise with Service manager
- Keep records, maintain documentation and report as required by company policy
- Deploy appropriate company health, safety, environment and quality processes for the business utilizing industry best
- Site inventory control to ensure business objectives are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Participate as a key team member promoting initiatives to improve Wind Turbine component performance whilst ensuring quality and
- Participate in continuous improvement process and implement all improvement activities which relate to area of
- Maintain company vehicle with necessary tooling and equipment to perform planned preventative
- Ensure periodic maintenance and repairs are made to equipment/tooling and company
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within the role of Wind Turbine Service Technician ideally having gained Authorised Technician status (CT level technicians with aptitude will also be considered).
- Experience of working within the Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR)
- Experienced in the service and maintenance of major and minor components
- HNC/HND or similar qualification in Electrical Engineering (eg. City & Guilds 17th Edition)
- Physically fit with an ability and confidence to work at heights
- Good team player and communicator with ability to work in small close knit teams
- Full UK driver's licence is essential
- Flexibility to work over-time and participate in on-call rota system
- Strong communication skills
This is a an opportunity to join a business with strong and ambitious growth plans within the wind energy industry internationally.