RP ALARA Specialist
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Is accountable for implementing the station ALARA program through the activities of ALARA planning or application of effective ALARA techniques such as lead shielding, flushing, and implementation of technology used to reduce exposure. Implements the long term planning processes of Exelon and assists the department in on-line and outage RP planning activities and preparation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Attend meetings representing Radiation Protection and ALARA and insure the appropriate RP resources are properly scheduled.
- Tracking and monitoring RP metrics for CRE reduction including personnel exposure, industry metrics, and other plant parameters to insure that the site maintains an appropriate focus on CRE.
- Assist Station Personnel to ensure work is properly scheduled to take advantage of ALARA controls.
- Perform in progress reviews and write ALARA packages as directed.
- Implement corrective actions, self assessments, and benchmarking into departmental and self learning objectives.
- Perform in field observations of work and insure that appropriate standards of performance are met
- B. S. Degree in Health Physics (or related field) and 1 year of related work experience in radiation protection
- Associate Degree in Health Physics (or related science) with 3 years related experience in radiation protection
- High school diploma with ANSI 3. 1 RP technician qualifications, or at least 5 years of RP-related experience in at a nuclear power facility
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of EWCS, Access and Excel programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must understand the work control process and be able to communicate closely with Maintenance Work Analysts
- NRRPT Certification
- Can fill the positions in RP outage planning, RWP coordinator, RP work scheduler, or the duties of an ALARA analyst.
- Must be able to independently perform ALARA reviews and data analysis
- Must be able to use interactive skills to engage the work force
- Must have critical self and field reviews and actively coach to improve site performance
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster